IT'S THE ECONOMY, & WE AREN'T STUPID
By Marti Stapp
By now, many are aware that 58 elected Democratic United States Representatives are members of the House Progressive Caucus, which is under the umbrella of the Demo- cratic Socialists of America. The other card-carrying Democratic Socialists are in the U.S. Senate. (They're too cowardly to reveal their names on the DSA web site.) Those Socialists cling to stale, European economic concepts. They ignore the obvious: free- market capitalism works! It's the reason America is the strongest nation in the world.
There's an economic battle between Liberal and Conservative ideologies--a battle that's as evident as the conflict between radical Islam and Western culture. Those such as Rodham-Clinton, Pelosi and Byrd believe in socialism. They're hard at work endeavor- ing to undermine the business/industrial base that made America the most adored/hated and admired/envied nation in the world.
America didn't become the world's strongest power by taxing people to the point of deprivation. America didn't succeed by denigrating economic accomplishments and indulging in class envy. We're hated and envied because free-enterprise capitalism succeeds. Statist, collectivist socialism represents the supremacy of mediocrity and it has failed around the globe.
President Bush devotes as much time to defending America from our internal enemies as he does trying to interdict our external foes.
In an August 8, 2002, Sun-Times column, "Sunny Clinton Forecast Leaves Cloud Over Bush," Robert Novak says:
In other words, Clinton "cooked the books."
We are in this current economic downswing for many reasons:
(1) Senator Chris Dodd (Democrat, New York) headed up a consortium to loosen ac- counting practices and the legislation that he helped to pass in both House and Senate eventually contributed to the ensuing enormous business failures. The Clinton admin- istration used accounting practices similar to those of Enron to paint a rosy economic picture when reality was quite different. These practices damaged our economy in both governmental and private sectors.
(2) 9-11 devastated the economy on many levels. One result is the growing crisis in the airline industry. That's also true for tourism in America, including food wholesalers, restaurants and hotels/motels, and other service industries.
(3) Almost all the money Senator Rodham-Clinton brags about getting for her New York constituents came from our pockets via President Bush. Americans gladly contributed to healing New York in the wake of 9-11, but they expected Senator Rodham-Clinton to refrain from insinuating lies and slander against President Bush.
According to a NewsMax.Com news report, "Hillary: I Still Want Answers About What Bush Knew on 9/11," (Friday Oct. 4, 2002, 9:12 a.m. EDT):
(4) The previous administration eviscerated human intelligence capabilities and con- signed American military enlisted personnel to living on food stamps. [I have the data to back this up.] We've been playing catch-up for two years. The cost for military build up and at home emergency security measures is phenomenal.
(5) When Bill Clinton became President in 1992, we were only about 33% dependent upon foreign oil. When he left office, we were over 60% dependent upon foreign oil. Rising energy costs mean that every product costs more to produce and/or to package and ship. Lack of domestic energy leaves us vulnerable to "oil blackmail," which contributes to investor wariness, and that is bad for our economy.
Let's cut to the chase. Hillary Rodham-Clinton and her ilk amuse me when they shrill "It's about the economy." That may be true, but ordinary Americans recognize the difference between "Liberal spin" and facts. Americans know that President Bush inherited the past Clinton/Gore economic failures.
Americans know farmers, ranchers, oil drillers, fishermen, and loggers are out of work because of Clinton/Gore reliance upon phony science and eco-blackmail to get more votes. Americans know people lost their lives and that our socalled "American Herit- age" was consumed in forest fires across the continent. Others lost their homes and livelihoods due to those fires. Americans understand the economic cost to our country.
Nancy Pelosi (card-carrying Socialist), "KKK" Byrd and Hillary Rodham-Clinton (carpetbagger)! We hope you and your kind fail. If you fail, America wins
More on Government & the Economy
Africa: Black Africa *
Africa: North Africa *
American Government 1
American Government 2 * American Government 3 * American Government 4
American Government 5 * American Politics * Anglosphere * Arabs
Arms Control & WMD * Aztlan Separatists * Big Government
Black Africa * Bureaucracy * Canada * China * Civil Liberties * Communism
Congress, U.S. * Conservative Groups * Conservative vs. Liberal
Constitutional Law * Counterterrorism * Criminal Justice * Disloyalty * Economy
Education * Elections, U.S. * Eminent Domain * Energy & Environment
English-Speaking World * Ethnicity & Race * Europe * Europe: Jews
Family Values * Far East * Fiscal Policy, U.S. * Foreign Aid, U.S. * Foreign Policy, U.S.
France * Hispanic Separatism * Hispanic Treason * Human Health * Immigration
Infrastructure, U.S. * Intelligence, U.S. * Iran * Iraq * Islamic North Africa
Islamic Threat * Islamism * Israeli vs. Arabs * Jews & Anti-Semitism
Jihad & Jihadism * Jihad Manifesto I * Jihad Manifesto II * Judges, U.S. Federal
Judicial Appointments * Judiciary, American * Latin America * Latino Separatism
Latino Treason * Lebanon * Leftists/Liberals * Legal Issues
Local Government, U.S. * Marriage & Family * Media Political Bias
Middle East: Arabs * Middle East: Iran * Middle East: Iraq * Middle East: Israel
Middle East: Lebanon * Middle East: Syria * Middle East: Tunisia
Middle East: Turkey * Militant Islam * Military Defense * Military Justice
Military Weaponry * Modern Welfare State * Morality & Decency
National Identity * National Security * Natural Resources * News Media Bias
North Africa * Patriot Act, USA * Patriotism * Political Culture * Political Ideologies
Political Parties * Political Philosophy * Politics, American * Presidency, U.S.
Private Property * Property Rights * Public Assistance * Radical Islam
Religion & America * Rogue States & WMD * Russia * Science & Ethics
Sedition & Treason * Senate, U.S. * Social Welfare Policy * South Africa
State Government, U.S. * Subsaharan Africa * Subversion * Syria * Terrorism 1
Terrorism 2 * Treason & Sedition * Tunisia * Turkey * Ukraine
UnAmerican Activity * UN & Its Agencies * USA Patriot Act * U.S. Foreign Aid
U.S. Infrastructure * U.S. Intelligence * U.S. Senate * War & Peace
Welfare Policy * WMD & Arms Control
POLITICAL EDUCATION, CONSERVATIVE ANALYSIS
POLITICS, SOCIETY, & THE SOVEREIGN STATE
Website of Dr. Almon Leroy Way, Jr.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
An Online Journal of Political Commentary & Analysis
Dr. Almon Leroy Way, Jr., Editor